- Gluten-free (optional)
We created this recipe almost by chance :). We had some previously steamed octopus tentacles that we didn't manage to finish and a few eggplants that we needed to cook. The inspiration for this recipe was my love for fried eggplants especially as a complement to cherry tomatoes. We thought the octopus tentacles would have been a great addition. This recipe ended up being absolutely delicious! Perfect combination in terms of flavors and consistencies between the 3 main ingredients: tentacles, fried eggplant and mashed cherry tomatoes.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 180g of Linguine
- 1 Eggplant
- 16 Cherry Tomatoes
- 150g Steamed Octopus Tentacles
- A Clove of Garlic
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Dice the eggplant (cut cubes the size of a thumb) and sprinkle salt on top of each cube in order to remove the excess water. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil in a pan and fry the eggplant until they become golden brown (usually cook for 10 minutes).
- Once cooked, let the eggplant cubes rest on a paper towel to remove the excess oil.
- In a wok, simmer a clove of garlic with extra-virgin olive oil until it becomes golden.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves and add them to the wok.
- Cut the steamed octopus tentacles into thumb size pieces and add them to the wok once the cherry tomatoes are cooked.
- Boil water in a pot and once the water is boiling add 1 tablespoon of sea salt and then add the pasta. The pasta needs to cook for 2 mins less than the time recommended on the box.
- While the pasta is boiling add 2/3 tablespoons of the pasta water into the wok. This water will add a creamy texture to the sauce.
- Add half of the eggplant cubes to the wok with the cherry tomato sauce.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the wok. Continue to stir until sauce is fully mixed with the pasta. Add some freshly ground black pepper.
- Plate the pasta and season it with some eggplant cubes and drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil.