After trying tostadas for the first time in CA, we fell in love for this amazing Mexican dish. We love the crispiness of the shell and the mix of ingredients on the top. We decided to create our own version of this Mexican staple dish. This is not meant to reflect Mexican tradition but it's our homage to it. We used keto tortillas, mango coconut chutney and grilled mahi as the main ingredients.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 2 Mahi Fillets
- 6 Almond Tortillas
- 1 Lime
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Cumin Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon of Oregano
- 1/4 Can of Coconut Milk
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
- 1/4 Red Cabbage
- 1 Fennel
- 1 Mango
- Fresh Cilantro
Red Cabbage Salad:
- Finely slice the red cabbage and the fennel. Add them to a large bowl. Season it with cumin seeds, oregano, sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, the juice of half a lime and extra-virgin olive oil.
- Mix all together and let it rest.
- Dice the mango pulp and pour it into small pot. Add the coconut milk and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Let it cool down and pour the mix into a blender.
- Blend it until you obtain a very smooth and creamy salsa.
- Cut the mahi fillets into 1-2-inch cubes (approx. 2 cm).
- Season with sea salt, black pepper, fresh cilantro and extra-virgin olive oil. Let it marinate for 1 hour.
- Grill the cubes on the BBQ for a couple of minutes.
Add a teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil in a non-stick pan and pan fry the tortillas before serving in order to obtain a crispy consistency.
Assemble all the ingredients: Add some grilled mahi cubes on top of the tortillas and add the red cabbage salad on top. Season with the mango salsa and some chopped cilantro.