During this stay-at-home period, we have been devising and trying out a variety of high protein recipes, some of which involves Keto flatbread and Keto bread. We were able to perfect this recipe, which is high in protein and completely vegan. These flatbreads are highly versatile and can complement meals or be used as a bread roll/sandwich alternative. Cooking this gave out place a fantastic and delicious smell that is perfect for a nice relaxing weekend.
Ingredients (8-10 Flatbreads):
- 2 Avocados
- 1/2 Cup of Fine Organic Almond Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups of Ground Flaxseeds
- 1/2 Cup of Cilantro
- 1/4 Cup of Green Onion
- Half Lime (or Lemon)
- 1 Teaspoon of Sea Salt
- Scoop the pulp of 2 avocados and mash it in a large bowl with a fork.
- Finely chop the cilantro and the green onion and add them to the bowl.
- Squeeze half lime and pour the juice into the bowl. Add the ground flaxseeds and 1 teaspoon of sea salt and mix all together.
- Add the almond flour and mix. You can adjust the consistency of the dough by adding water or almond flour until you get an elastic, smooth and compact dough that doesn't stick to the bowl.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rest for 5-10mins so that all the ingredients will come together.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and form ball shapes.
- Use a tortilla press or a rolling pin together with baking paper (so that the dough doesn't stick to the press or the rolling pin) to create a circular shape.
- Pre-heat a cast iron pan or non-stick pan and cook the flatbreads for 2-3mins in total.
- You can also use these flatbreads to prepare rolls.