Japanese Grilled Unagi is a staple of Japanese cuisine and requires a lot of years of practice to master techniques and traditional recipes. We have created a simplified version that can be easily cooked at home. In this recipe we marinated the eel fillets for a couple of hours in order to obtain a soy sauce aroma. We like how simple and easy this recipe is and at the same time absolutely delicious.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 500g / 1lb Eel Fillets
- Organic Soy Sauce (Gluten-free)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Raw Coconut Sugar
- 120g of Organic Jasmine Rice
- Add 4 tablespoons of soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon of raw coconut sugar to a large bowl and mix all together.
- Marinate the eel in the bowl for 2-3hours. Cover it with plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge.
- Grilled the eel fillets at low heat for 20mins, flipping side every 2-3 mins.
- Steam the Jasmine rice and serve warm.
- Serve the eel fillets on top of steamed rice.