- Gluten-free (optional)
When we cook oven-baked fish, we usually have leftovers. These are the perfect ingredient to cook a very easy, quick and tasty lunch in Italy. You can use Branzino, red snapper, sole, etc.
- 2 Eggs (for 2 people)
- 140g Organic Stone-grounded Spelt Flour (for a Gluten-free version you can use White Rice Flour)
- 60g Organic Buckwheat Flour
- 10-12 Cherry Tomatoes (for 2 people)
- Oven backed fish leftovers
- A clove of Garlic
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Chili (optional)
- Start preparing the dough for the hand-made tagliolini by creating a mountain with the spelt and the buckwheat flour and adding a hole in the middle. Add a pinch of salt.
- Crack 2 eggs in the hole and start mixing the eggs with the flour following a circular move using a fork.
- Once the eggs and flour start mixing together start kneading the dough with your hands until you get the shape of a ball.
- Cover the dough with a cloth or plastic wrap and let it rest for 10-15 mins.
- Start flattening the dough with a rolling pin trying to maintain a round shape. Keep flattening until the dough is 1mm.
- Gently fold the dough starting from the top to the middle and from the bottom to the middle. Fold the two halves together again, overlapping the 2 rolls.
- Cut the rolled dough with a flat knife from one end to the other keeping a 2-3mm thick.
- Unroll the tagliolini to prevent from sticking and let them rest/dry.
- Simmer a clove of garlic with extra-virgin olive oil until golden.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters and add them to the pan.
- Simmer the cherry tomatoes in the pan with extra-virgin olive oil and the garlic.
- Once the cherry tomatoes are fully cooked and mashed, add fish leftovers and continue to simmer for a few minutes.
- Boil water in a separate pot and once the water is boiled add the tagliolini. Since it's freshly made pasta, the tagliolini has a very short cooking time. Once they start floating in the water, they are ready to be drained.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan. Continue to stir until sauce is fully mixed with the pasta.