In this recipe with combined grilled prawns - a seafood staple - with 3 condiments: red curry coconut sauce, wasabi mayo and turmeric mayo. You can pick your favorite or try all 3.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 12 Prawns (with Heads)
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Red Curry Powder
- 1 Cup of Coconut Milk
- 1 Egg
- Fresh Wasabi
- Turmeric Powder
- Sea Salt
- Organic Apple Vinegar
- Black Pepper
- Peel the prawns and separate the heads from the bodies.
- Cut the bodies in the back and remove the intestine.
- Place the bodies into a ball and season with extra-virgin olive oil, sea salt and black pepper.
- Scoop out the heads into a small pot, add a teaspoon of red curry powder and the coconut milk. Stir for 5 minutes. Mix all together and let it condense.
- Once it's fully cooked and mixed, blend it with a hand blender.
- Prepare the mayonnaise with the hand blender.
- Break 1 egg and add it to a beaker, add a pinch of sea salt, and a tablespoon of apple vinegar.
- Pulse with the immersion blender a few times to break up the yolks.
- Add the oil from the top while blending, making sure it gets incorporated in the mayonnaise. Add as much of the oil as needed to reach the consistency you prefer; the more oil you add, the thicker the mayo will become.
- Pour half of the mayo into another beaker and add fresh wasabi. Mix all together.
- Add turmeric powder to the other half and mix with the hand blender until it's fully incorporated.
- Grill the prawns on the BBQ for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve the grilled prawns with the 3 condiments.