In this recipe we seasoned the pasta with a vegetable-based sauce made with broccoli rabe. We combined the bitter-sweet taste of broccoli rabe with the saltiness of the anchovies and the spiciness of the fresh red chili.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 180g of Fusilli
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 3 Anchovy Fillets (salt-cured, olive oil-packed)
- 1lb Broccoli Rabe
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Red Chili
- Boil water in a pot for the pasta.
- Once the water is boiling add 1 tablespoon of coarse sea salt and add the broccoli rabe for 3-4minutes.
- Drain the broccoli rabe with a strainer and leave the boiling water in the pot.
- Add the broccoli rabe to a mixer with extra-virgin olive oil and blend until you obtain a smooth sauce.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water. The pasta needs to cook for 2-3 mins less than the time recommended on the box to have it Al Dente.
- Finely chop 2 cloves of garlic.
- Add 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil to a non-stick pan and add the chopped garlic.
- Simmer the garlic for a couple of minutes. Add 2 spoons of boiling water.
- Add the anchovy fillets to the pan and simmer all together. Once the ingredients are all mixed, turn off the fire.
- Drain the pasta and pour into the pan. Add a tablespoon of cooking water from the pasta and simmer the pasta in the pan until it’s fully mixed.
- Turn off the fire and add the broccoli rabe sauce. Mix all together.
- Plate the fusilli, sliced fresh red chili and drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil.