We prepared an fusion version of Risotto, mixing ingredients and methods from the Chinese cuisine and the Italian tradition. We used Italian rice used for Risotto, following the Italian cooking method. However, at the end we created a version less creamy and more in line with Chinese Fried rice. Stir fried broccoli with dried scallops is a traditional Chinese side, and we added those flavors and aromas to the rice.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 180g Riso Acquerello or Carnaroli or Vialone Nano
- Handful Dried Scallops
- 1 Steamed Broccoli Crown
- Fish Broth
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Soak the dried scallops into freshly boiled water for 25-30mins. Drain the scallops and break them up with your hands. Keep the water and use it as fish broth for the Risotto.
- Toast the rice in a pot with extra-virgin olive oil for a couple of minutes.
- Heat the fish broth in a saucepan and keep it at a medium heat.
- Start pouring small amounts of the broth in the pan with the rice and continue stirring. Keep doing this for three quarters of the rice cooking time.
- Continue stirring the rice for a couple of minutes, adding broth to prevent the rice from sticking to the pot. The rice usually needs to cook 15-18mins in total. Add the steamed broccoli and the dried scallops into the rice 3-4mins before the rice is ready.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Plate the rice and drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil on top.