Handmade Fusilli is an amazing pasta format from South of Italy that perfectly mixes with the sauce. Also, the consistency is slightly different from other pasta types, especially if you cook it Al Dente. This is a very simple recipe but delicious at the same time. If you like prawns, it's definitely a must-try!
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 180g of Fusilli
- 8-10 Fresh Prawns
- 10-12 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Dice the prawns' body meat into thumb size pieces.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves.
- Add 1 clove of garlic to a non-stick pan and simmer with extra-virgin olive oil until golden. Add the cherry tomatoes to the pan.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper. Once the cherry tomatoes are fully cooked, add the sauce into the blender and blend until you obtain a very smooth and creamy sauce.
- Boil some water in a pot and once the water is boiling add 1 tablespoon of sea salt and then add the pasta. The pasta needs to cook for 2 mins less than the time recommended on the box.
- Stir the diced prawns for a couple of minutes in the same pan where you cooked the tomato sauce. After a couple of minutes turn off the fire.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the prawns. Add the tomato sauce and stir until the sauce is fully mixed with the pasta.
- Plate the pasta and drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil.