- Gluten-free (Optional)
We tried the Marinara Sauce by La San Marzano and we loved it and we decided to create our own recipe with this amazing sauce. We add some ingredients like mackerel, Italian taggiasche olives and capers to add extra flavors.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 180g of Fusilli
- 1 Mackerel Can (Extra-virgin Olive Oil)
- La San Marzano Marinara Sauce
- Handful of Capers (Preserved in Sea Salt)
- Handful of Olive Taggiasche (Preserved in Extra-virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Chili Flakes (Optional)
- Fresh Basil
- Sea Salt
- In a wok, simmer a clove of garlic with extra-virgin olive oil until the garlic becomes golden. You can also add chili flakes.
- Add the Marinara Sauce and simmer for 10mins.
- Add the mackerel, the olives and the capers and mix all together. We recommend mackerel in extra-virgin olive oil. Since this is a good quality oil, we can add it to the sauce.
- Add sea salt to taste.
- Boil water in a pot. Once the water is boiling add 1 tablespoon of sea salt and then add the pasta. The pasta needs to cook for 2 mins less than the time recommended on the box to have it Al Dente.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the wok. Fully mix the pasta with the sauce.
- Plate the pasta, drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil and add some freshly chopped basil on top.