This is one of our favorite week lunch options. If you have precooked steamed rice and vegetables, it is very quick to prepare and absolutely delicious! We have tried different recipes during this work from home period. A great experiment was to replace white Jasmine rice with black rice, which is easier to digest and lower in calories, lower in carbs, and higher in protein and fiber than white rice. The taste is absolutely amazing, and we loved it in combination with vegetables and scallops. We also added some chili flakes, black sesame seeds and some sesame oil at the end to enhance the flavors!
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 140g Precooked Black Rice
- 4 Scallops
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Spring Onion
- 1 Baby Bok Choy
- 2 Eggs
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Black Sesame Seeds
- Organic Sesame Oil
- Sea Salt
- Chili Flakes (optional)
- Finely slice the spring onion and simmer it with extra-virgin olive oil in a wok.
- Finely slice the bok choy and dice the carrots.
- Pan fry the veggies in the wok and once they are golden and cooked, add the scallops.
- Break 2 eggs into the wok and scramble them.
- Add the black rice and stir until all the ingredients are fully mixed.
- Adjust with sea salt to taste, sprinkle some chili flakes and black sesame seeds and drizzle some sesame oil.