We usually don't have time during the week to cook and enjoy a traditional Risotto with all the ingredients prepared on the spot, especially if it's a Crab Risotto (as cooking and deshelling the crab requires time and patience!). We finally found a work-around and prepared a quicker version of the original recipe using de-shelled high-quality crab meat and some fish broth we had previously cooked and stored in the freezer.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 180g Riso Acquerello or Carnaroli or Vialone Nano
- 200g Crab Meat
- Spring Onion
- Fish Broth
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Chop half a spring onion and simmer it with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Once the oil is warm and the spring onion starts to sizzle, add the rice and toast it for a couple of minutes.
- Pre-heat the fish broth in a saucepan and keep it at a medium heat.
- Start pouring small amounts of the broth in the pan with the rice and continue stirring. Keep doing this for three quarters of the rice cooking time.
- Add the crab meat and continue stirring for a couple of minutes, adding broth to prevent the rice from sticking to the pot.
- Make sure you add the right amount of broth to make the risotto creamy (and not brothy or overcooked).
- Once the risotto is finally cooked, drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil on top.