This is a very traditional recipe from my hometown. I changed a bit the original recipe, since I have used cherry tomatoes instead of tomato sauce in order to obtain a light sauce and let the peas being more predominant.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 20oz / 500g Organic Frozen Peas
- 2 Green Onions
- 6-8 Cherry Tomatoes
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Wash and clean the cuttlefish, making sure not to break the ink bag. Slice the cuttlefish's body (make sure the strips are thin) and cut the head preserving the tentacles.
- Finely slice the green onions. Add the green onions to a saucepan and stir with extra-virgin olive oil for a couple of mins.
- Add the frozen peas to the saucepan and stir all together at medium heat.
- Cook the peas with the lid until they are thawed.
- Cut the cheery tomatoes into halves and add to the pan. Cook for 5 mins.
- Season with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Add the cuttlefish to the saucepan and cook for 15 minutes.
- Once the cuttlefish is finally cooked, drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil and mix all together.
- Plate the cuttlefish with the peas, drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil and add some black pepper on top.