We tried steamed crayfish for the first time and we clearly cooked more than needed for dinner. Risotto is the perfect way to enhance seafood! The combination with the samphire puree is perfectly balanced and brings a delicious seafood flavor to the dish!
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 180g of Riso Acquerello or Carnaroli or Vialone Nano
- 15-20 Steamed Crayfish
- 1 Green Onion
- 0.2lb / 100g of Samphire
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Prepare the fish broth for the risotto by deshelling the crayfish and add all the shells in a saucepan with boiling water. You can add spices like laurel or bay leaves, or carrots but it's totally optional. Let it boil for 10mins before adding it to the rice.
- Finely slice half a green onion and simmer it with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Once the oil is warm and the spring onion starts to sizzle, add the rice and toast it for a couple of minutes.
- Start pouring small amounts of the broth in the pan with the rice and continue stirring. Keep doing this for three quarters of the rice cooking time.
- Boil water in a saucepan and cook the samphire for 6-7mins. You don't need to add salt, the samphire is already salty.
- Once cooked, blend the samphire with extra-virgin olive oil and a tablespoon of its cooking water.
- Add the crayfish to the rice. Continue stirring for a couple of minutes, adding broth to prevent the rice from sticking to the pot.
- Make sure you add the right amount of broth to make the risotto creamy (and not brothy or overcooked). Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Once the risotto is finally cooked, drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil on top and add a few tablespoons of samphire puree.