This is a vegan and gluten-free soup, rich in vegetable proteins. It is the PERFECT summer soup! We like the combination of the peas puree and the seeds croutons: creamy and crunchy. The coconut milk enhances the sweetness of the peas and adds creaminess to the mix. You can prepare more soup and store it in the freezer for a month.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 20oz / 500g Organic Frozen Peas
- 1 Can of Coconut Milk
- 2 Green Onions
- 1 Carrot
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- 1-2 Slices of Grain-free Seeds Bread
- Finely slice the green onions and dice the carrot. Stir with extra-virgin olive oil in a saucepan for a couple of mins.
- Add the frozen peas to the saucepan and stir all together at medium heat.
- Cook the peas with the lid until they are thawed.
- Add a can of coconut milk. Cook for 5 mins.
- Season with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Cook for another 5mins.
- Let it cool down. Pour the peas into a blender and blend until you obtain a creamy puree. You can add more coconut milk/water if you want a more liquid consistency.
- Dice the slice of bread and stir the cubes in a pan with extra-virgin olive oil until they become golden and crunchy.
- Pour the pea soup in a bowl, add the crutons on top, grind some black pepper and drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil.