- 2 hours
This recipe perfectly mixes Italian and Asian cuisine: the first part of the the recipe is a traditional Italian clams sauté, while the second part enhances the flavor with rich Asian ingredients. The kaffir leaves add an absolutely amazing aroma to the recipe enhancing the savory of the clams and the sweetness of the coconut milk. This is a very quick and delicious recipe and we love it!
- Clams (900g/2lbs for 2 people)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Freshly Grated Ginger (thumb size piece)
- Organic Coconut Milk (400g/14oz for 2 people)
- 1 Lime
- 3-4 Kaffir Dry Lime Leaves
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Sichuan Chili Flakes
- Fresh Chives
- Wash the clams and make sure there's no sand. To do this, if the clams are live, soak them in some very salty water for a few hours.
- Simmer 2 cloves of garlic with extra-virgin olive oil and the grated ginger in a wok. Add the clams.
- Cover with the lid until the clams starts opening.
- Add the coconut milk, the juice of 1 lime, the kaffir leaves and the chili flakes. Stir all together for 5 minutes. Adjust with salt.
- Add fresh chives, turn off the fire and let it rest for a couple minutes.