- Soak over night
Sometimes I prefer to avoid nuts/grains for breakfast, especially if I wake up late and I'm hungry but I will have lunch 2 hours later. Chia pudding is always a great option! It's healthy and light and easy to combine with fruits and other ingredients. This breakfast bowl is rich in flavor but at the same time low in calories and sugar. It's delicious and well-balance in sweetness thanks to the peaches and has different textures and consistencies: the creaminess of the coconut milk, the softness of the compote, the crunchiness of the chia seeds and the blueberries. A must-try if you are looking for a light and delicious breakfast!
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 1 Cup of Chia seeds
- 200g Coconut Milk
- Blueberries (Handful)
- 4 Peaches (I love Nectarines)
- Raw Coconut Sugar
- Soak the chia seeds overnight with coconut milk (add more water if you want to have a liquid consistency).
- Slice 3 peaches into a sauce pan, add half a glass of boiling water and a thumb-size of freshly grated ginger, 1 teaspoon of coconut sugar and the juice of half a lime.
- Cook at medium heat for 8-10 minutes. You can cook it longer. I prefer to have a mix of soft/crunchy consistency in the compote. Let it rest for a couple of minutes until it cools down.
- I would recommend preparing the compote the day before and let it rest in the fridge for half a day, but you can prepare it in the morning as well.
- Slice the remaining peach.
- Pour the chia pudding in a bowl and garnish with the peach compote, blueberries and some freshly cut peach slices.