- Soak over night
I find many breakfast bowls to be full of sugars, mixed with gluten and other processed products. Being more health conscious, I try to avoid processed chemicals and decided to make my own breakfast bowl to kickstart the day with natural sugars, but most of all, HEALTHY! I started developing this bowl using the remaining bananas I had in the kitchen, balancing out the sweetness with healthy organic creamy textures, such as coconut milk and even mangos. This has evolved into one of our FAVORITE breakfast bowls! Delicious and well-balance in sweetness of natural sugars, along with different textures and consistencies: the creaminess of the coconut milk, the softness of the mango chutney, the crunchiness of the granola, chia seeds and cacao nibs.
A definite must try for a morning kick-start!
- 1 Cup of Chia seeds
- 200g Coconut Milk
- Gluten-free Granola
- Raw Cacao Nibs
- 1 Mango
- 1 Banana
- Raw Coconut Sugar
- Extra-virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon of Corn Starch
- Soak the chia seeds overnight with coconut milk (add more water if you want to have a liquid consistency).
- Cut the banana into slices, add them to a pre-heated pan and stir with coconut oil and a teaspoon of coconut sugar.
- Peel the mango and scoop out all the pulp into a sauce pan, add half a glass of boiling water and a thumb-size of freshly grated ginger, 1 teaspoon of coconut sugar and the juice of half a lime.
- Cook at medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Melt a tea spoon of corn starch with a table spoon of warm water. Mix it together to remove clumps.
- Add the white corn starch liquid to the sauce pan and mix all together until the chutney becomes thicker and turn off the fire. Let it rest for a couple of minutes until it cools down. I would recommend to prepare the chutney the day before and let it rest in the fridge for half a day but you can prepare it in the morning as well.
- Pour the chia pudding in a bowl and garnish with cacao nibs, gluten-free granola, caramelized banana and mango chutney.