In this fusion recipe we are combining the flat rice noodles from Southeast Asia with the Italian tomato sauce and a sugar snaps puree. This is a very healthy recipe, vegan and gluten-free, and has a protein component thanks to the sugar snaps puree. It's perfect for a quick and light meal. We usually prepare the tomato sauce and the sugar snaps puree in advance and store it in the fridge for 4-5 days and it only takes 5 mins to cook the noodles!
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 180g Pad Thai Black Rice Noodles
- 2 Handful of Snow Peas
- 15-20 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon of Raw Coconut Sugar
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Fresh Basil
- Boil water in a pot and, once it's boiling, sprinkle some sea salt and the sugar snaps. Cook until you can stab the fork through the sugar snaps (usually 6-7mins).
- Drain the sugar snaps under cold running water.
- Pour the sugar snaps into a blender with 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons of water, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Blend it for 2-3mins at max speed until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Pour the sugar snap puree into a bowl.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves.
- Add 1 clove of garlic to a non-stick pan and simmer with extra-virgin olive oil until golden. Add the cherry tomatoes to the pan.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Once the cherry tomatoes are half cooked add 1 teaspoon of coconut sugar and keep stirring at medium heat until they are completely cooked and mashed.
- Remove the garlic and blend the cherry tomatoes until you obtain a very smooth and creamy sauce.
- Boil water in a pot and once the water is boiling add the pad-thai noodles. These noodles need to cook 2-3 mins less than the recommended time.
- Once the noodles are ready, drain the water and pass them under cold running water.
- Add the noodles to the bowl. Continue to stir until sauce is fully mixed with the noodles.
- Plate the noodles, drizzle some tomato sauce and some extra-virgin olive oil. Season with some fresh basil.