I love Tuna tartare! There are a lot of different recipes, but this is hands down my favorite! For the seasoning I have used traditional Italian ingredients like capers and extra-virgin olive oil while also adding a taste of Asia with a hint of soy sauce. The avocado mash adds creaminess while the mango's acidity perfectly balances the fattiness of the tuna. This a perfect starter for an indulging meal or a light lunch/dinner. It's rich in protein and low in fat. Very Very Healthy! It's absolutely delicious!
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 300g of Albacore Tuna Fillet (Sushi Grade)
- Salted Capers
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Mango
- Half Lime
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Freshly Grounded Black Pepper
- Fresh Chives
- Fresh Mint
- Scoop out the mango pulp and blend it with the juice of half lime.
- Scoop the avocado pulp and mash it in a bowl with a fork. Season it with sea salt, extra-virgin olive oil and black pepper.
- On a chopping board, slice the tuna fillet against the grain first. Cut all the slices into cubes. Mince the cubes roughly.
- Pour the tartare into a bowl. Season it with extra-virgin olive oil, a teaspoon of soy sauce, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix all together.
- Finely chop the chives and the capers. Add to the tartare and mix. Add more seasoning to taste.
- Place the avocado mash on the bottom, add the tuna tartare on top and some drops of mango puree.
- Season it with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt. Sprinkle freshly chopped mint and chives.